Manuscript Submission Guide
Before beginning the online submission process please read the Information for Authors and make sure you have the followings available:
Cover letter to the editor
- The category of the manuscript
- Confirming that “the paper is not under consideration for publication in another journal”.
- Including disclosure of any commercial or financial involvement.
- Confirming that the statistical design of the research article is reviewed.
- Confirming that journal policies detailed in Information for Authors have been reviewed.
- Confirming that the references cited in the text and listed in the references section are in line with APA 6.
- The category of the manuscript
- The title of the manuscript both in Turkish and in English
- All authors’ names and affiliations (institution, faculty/department, city, country), e-mail addresses
- Corresponding author’s email address, full postal address, telephone and fax number
- ORCIDs of all authors. This number can be obtained free of charge from http://www.orcid.org.
Main Manuscript Document
- The title of the manuscript in English (Turkish manuscripts should have a title in Turkish)
- Abstracts (150-200 words) in English (Turkish manuscripts should have an abstract in Turkish)
- Key words: 5 words in English (abstracts in Turkish should have Turkish key words)
- Extended Abstract (800-1000 words) in English (only for Turkish articles)
- Main article sections
- Acknowledgement (if exists)
- All tables, illustrations (figures) (including title, description, footnotes)
• The manuscript must be submitted through the account of the corresponding author. The account of authors other than the corresponding author or someone else who is not included as an author in the work must not be used for submission. All correspondence regarding the submission is made with the corresponding author through e-mail via DergiPark system.
• To login to the DergiPark manuscript submission system, you must have a User ID and password. If you do not have a username and password, you must follow the instructions in the Create Account at DergiPark manuscript submission site of the journal.
• If you do not remember whether you already have an account or if you forget your password, please enter your email address by clicking Reset Password link. The system will send you the necessary information by e-mail.
• If you experience problems with your account, please do not create a new one and contact Turkish Journal of Diaspora Studies Office via email@example.com
• When you log in, click the Submit Article button at the top of the page.
• Clicking the Submit Article, you will access Manuscript Information section. There, you will need to follow FIVE steps. To make a new submission, please follow the five steps.
• At any stage you can stop the submission process; everything you have typed into the system will be saved. You can continue to your semi- completed submission by viewing it in the Unsubmitted and Manuscript in Draft section.
• While uploading Main Document, make sure that the main document has no information that clarify the author’s identity. Due to double blind peer review, Main Document must not include Title Page, the name of author or any other detail that can disclose the author identity.
• Additionally, Supplemental File for Review must not include any detail that can disclose author identity as well.
Files to be uploaded separately
• Copyright Agreement Form
• Permissions obtained for previously published material if used in the present manuscript
• Title page
• Main Manuscript Document
o The title of the manuscript in English (Turkish manuscripts should have a title in Turkish)
o Abstracts (150-200 words) in English (Turkish manuscripts should have an abstract in Turkish)
o Key words: 5 words in English (abstracts in Turkish should have Turkish key words)
o Extended Abstract (800-1000 words) in English (only for Turkish articles)
o Main article sections
o Acknowledgement (if exists)
o All tables, illustrations (figures) (including title, description, footnotes)
Once you have completed the submission process to your satisfaction click on the submit button.
When the manuscript submission is completed, verification screen including your Manuscript ID will appear, and you will be notified via email.