Ethical Standards and Publication Policy
Turkish Journal of Diaspora Studies (TJDS) is committed to peer-review integrity and upholding the highest standards of reviews. Working on and contributing to TJDS journals, we want editors, reviewers, and writers to dedicate themselves to keeping these high ethical standards as well. In this regard, we establish some general expectations for authors, editors, reviewers, and publishers in our ethical standards and procedures. We follow universal principles of the ethical standards.
When the works presented to the journal used data that are collected through face-to-face written interview questionnaires, interviews, focus group work, experiments, etc. and, in the case of the use of humans for experimental purposes, it is mandatory to obtain an Ethics Committee Approval Certificate- from the relevant institution before the study. The papers are passed through the ithenticate plagiarism screening program after the application is accepted.
Articles that do not comply with the research and publication ethics, or those that have detected risk of plagiarism are not subject to evaluation. Any necessary rights or permissions to reproduce quoted material or illustrations published elsewhere remain the responsibility of the author(s). More than one article by an author can not be published in the same issue.
Peer Review Policy
TJDS uses the double-anonymous peer review model. TJDS apply the following conditions for the article:
· A paper has been assessed for suitability by the editor. If a journal editor has a conflict of interest with a manuscript or its authors, the manuscript will be assigned to a different member of the editorial team, such as a deputy editor, an associate editor, or a member of the editorial board.
· A paper will then be double-blind by independent, anonymous expert referees.
· If necessary, manuscripts will be sent to a third referee for further evaluation.
· The publication of the papers is subject to the approval of referees.
· Authors are responsible for making necessary corrections asked by referees.
· The submitted manuscript should be the author’s /authors’ original work and should not be plagiarized from any prior works, each of the authors who participated in the work substantively is bound to take public responsibility for their work, each of the authors has to see and approve the manuscript as submitted, a submitted manuscript should not be published or submitted or considered for publication elsewhere, the text, illustrations, and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
· The author(s) declare the accuracy of any information they provide during the application process and do not make any misleading, incorrect, or incomplete statements.
· The author(s) should have a document showing that they have the right to use the data used, the necessary permissions for the research/analysis, or the consent of the experimented subjects.
· The Contributor(s) or, if applicable, the Contributor’s Employer, retain(s) all proprietary rights in addition to copyright, patent rights; to use, free of charge, all parts of this article for the author’s future works in books, lectures, classroom teaching or oral presentations, the right to reproduce the article for their purposes provided the copies are not offered for sale.
· The Copyright Agreement Form must be signed/ratified by all authors. Separate copies of the form (completed in full) may be submitted by authors located at different institutions; however, all signatures must be original and authenticated.
· The Title Page Form must be filled by all authors.
· Author(s) must notify the journal/editor if there is any conflict of interest regarding the work they are applying for.
· Author(s) are required to indicate if they have received financial support for the realization, authorship, or publication of the study.
· The editor is responsible for applying the Double-Blind Reviewing policies included in the journal’s publication policies. In this context, the editor ensures that the fair, impartial and timely evaluation process of each work is completed.
· The TJDS editorial board must initiate an investigation into a work that has been published, in an early appearance, or under evaluation, if copyright and plagiarism are suspected.
· If the editorial board detects copyright and plagiarism in the work under evaluation as a result of the investigation, it withdraws the work from the evaluation and returns the detected cases to the authors by giving a detailed source.
· If the editorial board detects copyright infringement and plagiarism in a published or early-view work, the following withdrawal and notification procedures are carried out within one week at the latest.
· Peer reviewers cannot directly communicate with authors, evaluations and comments are submitted through the journal management system (Dergipark).
· Peer reviewers agree to consider only matters related to their area of expertise.
· The manuscripts have been evaluated through the Double-Blind Reviewing model.
· When peer reviewers disclose any kind of potential or immediate conflict of interest during the review of the submission, they should recuse themselves.
· If the peer reviewer has any concerns about the originality of the article or other ethically problematic issues in the article, he or she will inform the editor(s).
· The peer reviewer(s) makes the assessment objectively only in relation to the content of the work.
· The language of the assessment of the work should be polite and constructive.
Migration Research Foundation, the publisher of TJDS, is a non-profit organization that pursues the public interest. TJDS aims to provide a medium for the publication of original papers covering the entire span of diaspora and migration studies. In this context, the editorial board of this journal has formed by considering the Social Sciences branches. The board is consists of co-editors, editorial assistants, editorial boards, and advisory boards. The subjected board acts according to the following ethical responsibilities:
· The publisher bears the responsibility to act honestly in the case of conflict of interest during the evaluation of articles.
· TJDS undertakes to create an independent editorial decision.
· TJDS has published the content under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) license that permits people to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format other than for commercial purposes, as well as remix, transform and build upon the material by providing appropriate credit to the original work.
· All materials related to the manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures, etc., be kept by TJDS for one year following the editor’s decision. After the duration of the time, then these materials will be destroyed.
* The ethical Standards and Publication Policy of TJDS are edited suitably according to the TR Dizin academic principles.